The HazMat Team Typing Inspection Program is being expanded to include a 5-year Re-Inspection and Re-Certification concept. This expansion will adopt the following criteria:
- The initial (original) typing status and certification is valid for 5 years
- Certificates of Achievement will be issues to document the original typing status
- Upon expiration of the 5 year term, an abbreviated on-site Re-Inspection will be due
- The Re-Inspection certification will be valid for 5 years
- Certificated of Achievement will be issues to document each Re-Inspection typing status
This section will contain all of the pertinent documents associated with the Re-Inspection Program. The Menu below is laid out in a chronological order and it is recommended that each topic be accessed, printed, copied, and reviewed in the same order.
- Re-Inspection Program Explained
This document will explain the 5 year cycle Re-Inspection program, identifies the Purpose, and includes information on how an agencies' HMRT can apply for Re-Certification of their original (initial) Team Typing Resource status
- Letter to Participate from Fire & Rescue Division
Letter from the Chief of Fire & Rescue Division announcing the establishment of the 5 year HazMat Re-Certification Program and inviting agencies to continue to participate in the Team Typing Concept.
Point of Contact Letter
Copy of the standard Point of Contact letter that needs to be completed and forwarded, to assure that the main contact person and information is accurate and current.
Re-Inspection Survey Questionnaire
Facsimile copy of an 8 page document that encourages the local agency to conduct a Self Inspection. This document contains about 30% of the equipment listed in the FIRESCOPE SEL, and when completed, must be returned prior to setting a date for the on-site Re-Inspection.
On-Site Re-Inspection Record
Facsimile copy of the actual inspection record that will be used by the inspection team. It will represent the remaining 70% of the equipment listed in the FIRESCOPE SEL, and greatly reduces the inspection time.